Sunday, November 17, 2013

THIS HAS MEANT EVERYTHING TO ME!

Well family this is it...I just finished with my last training and am just getting ready to go out for my last lessons of the mission. This is my last night of teaching because after this is pure transfer madness. Today Elder Stott got his new companion Elder Nino de Guzman. He’s a really good friend and I’m really excited that there’s a great elder taking my place. He will do a great job. It’s getting real now.

Thanks for all your emails. I love your emails. You all have been so great and I’m so grateful for such an awesome family.

As for your questions...

1. YES! Bring church cloths... I’ve got something special planned for yall :) Be prepared!
2. And yes, I’ll watch for the packages. We’ll be around the office here so I’ll keep my eyes peeled.
3. And yes, you can just be here at the office at 10. We may not get back from dropping the elders off at the airport until a little after 10, but you can come to the office and meet the senior couples. Just don’t listen to anything they say;) Jk! They’re great!  We’ll be pulling up as soon as we finish at the airport...unless I decide to flee to Mexico haha!

It truly is a weird feeling. I’ve never put so much into anything in my life, and I’ve never had anything mean so much to me. I though it was scary leaving home for the mission, but this is crazy. I have no clue what to expect and it’s a scary thing leaving this new home and not knowing when I’ll be back. McAllen has stolen my heart for sure.

I’m excited to see you all though. Kinda nervous, but excited. :) I know that you are all excited too and I hope you enjoy your trip and I know you will feel very welcome here in Mcallen. It’s the best!  I think you will feel something special:)

But that’s it for today. I’ve got one last big miracle to share, but I’m gonna wait till you all get here:) Travel safe.

But, I better wrap it up...

So family, as I write these last few words to you, I hope that you can control the tears...Mom..I know you’re crying right now.. Dont cry:) Next Saturday I promise that I’ll tell you all a story in place of an email!

I owe you all so much. Thank you. This has meant EVERYTHING to me. Thank you for allowing me to be here. Thank you for supporting me. I have ALWAYS felt your prayers. Thank you for your love. I think you’re gonna be surprised at just how big of miracles your prayers have brought.

I love being a missionary:)

Love,

Elder Payton Smith