Monday, September 23, 2013

ELDER SMITH'S 21ST BIRTHDAY!

So, it is done and I'm returning with my report. We just finished with lunch at BJ's, the place they had chosen (coincidentally one of my favorite places too). They make excellent pizza at BJ's with a lot of specialty ingredients and we had a go at recreating "The Payton". It wasn't quite the same thing as the one he makes at your home, but I think it was close enough to at least remind him. We had a fun time going over where he's served so far, what he's up to now that he's in the office, etc. You really have a great son. From the way he talked, I could easily see that he loves what he's doing and that he "gets" what missionary work/leadership is about. We finished it off with the cake, which seemed to be a happy surprise for him. Thanks for letting me be a part of a fun mission memory for your family. I think things like this are great. 

William Traynor

P.S. Forgive me for not taking a ton of pictures. I don't often take pictures so I didn't remember until nearly the end. The one with the candles turned out a bit blurry.