Sunday, June 16, 2013

A FATHERS DAY TRIBUTE


I think out of everyone, MY Father is the one that deserves a shout out! He has done more for me than I could ever repay, or even keep track of.

I can’t remember a single time when he hasn’t been there, and not only there, but involved. From every sports event, to scout camp, to foolish purchase, to bad date, to bad idea, from every scheme, to bad desision, to business, and beyond, he has ALWAYS been there. . . . Constant and caring.

I don’t know many Dad’s that will rush home from work in there nice ‘court suit’ to pick up a bucket of dirty, water logged baseballs and take their boy out to practice his baseball swing, in near 100 degree weather. That’s a dad! :)

Now that I think about it, he did alot of crazy things in that nice ‘court suit’ of his. I remember one time my lawn costomer came out and saw that my dad had stopped and come to help me mow his lawn, in his suit :) Mr. Harlan told me, “I’m gonna take a picture of this! It’s not everyday you get such a big time lawyer to mow your lawn!”

My Dad taught me evrything! He taugh me how to work, how to have fun, how to be a man, how to treat my Mother, how to play ball, how to love the Gospel, how to serve, how to love God.

I think it’s safe to say that the missionary and person I am today is a direct result of being the son of Curtis Smith.

Happy Fathers Day DAD!

Love Elder Smith