Monday, January 28, 2013

CARLOS GETS THE PRIESTHOOD!


Looks like a big snow week in I.F.  I’m glad you have had some fun with the dogs, the sleds, and some pistols. Just don’t shoot your eye out, sport! Jay is looking good! He been working out? Tell him I say hi! Oh and PS, the living room looks GREAT!!! I’m impressed!!  I’m glad to hear everyone has been safe this last week, especially on the roads to Rexburg.

I was gonna tell you that Sabrina has been looking at applications online but is afraid she won’t get everything done by the date. She will probably get in the following semester, unless we can pull some strings haha! Just let me know what you think and if so, I may give her your number to get it figured out. Just no talking about me!!! That’s probably illegal! But she is doing great and super excited about the new "MORMON LIFE". She has been hanging out with more members of the church and already went on a date with an RM! HAha we were stoked! She’ll fit right in at BYU! She really is a special girl and we are very proud of her. I’m sending pictures today in the mail so you can get a good look at the baptism!

So this week has gone by WAY too fast! January is already over and we are already on with the year. It makes me sick. There has been some super exciting news though.

We went over to the Ysassis house on Saturday (Carlos and Margie) and they had been over at the church all morning cleaning! They were all wiped out but they had time to make us a big turkey dinner and it was good!!! They started telling us that they had been talking to bishop and got interviewed that morning. Next Saturday they will be going up to the San Antonio Temple for the first time to do baptisms!!! We were freaking out. So excited... As well, they said that Carlos got interviewed for the Priesthood and he told us, “I felt like I was in the principals office.... BUT I PASSSED IT!!!"

So yesterday during 3rd hour, Carlos received the Aaronic Priesthood! And the best part was Sister Margie raked her kids outta bed to get them to come. Haha, she is such a Mormon Mom! She was like, "Man I shouldn’t have to rake my kids outta bed for church!" I agreed with her and assured her that MY mom never had to do that to me. haha, shhhhshhhshh.

So, their family is doing so amazing. We are teaching the daughter and working on a baptismal date. She is claustrophobic and doesn't wanna be in the small font. So we will see if we can work out a Corpus ocean baptism haha! Who knows! But I’m so proud of them! Linda is going to the temple too and they are all just being taken care of soo well!

So Sabrina got confirmed after fighting to not go up in front of everyone! haha And right after that she finally guessed my first name. She remembered that the Holy Ghost brings all things to our remembrance, I guess. But whatever works for you! Still weird when people know! But everything was great this week. The zone did great! We have amazing recent converts and couldn't be happier. Oh and we are back in a 2-some, so we are alot happier haha!

 I love you all so much, and I love being a missionary! So thanks for letting me love both:)  You guys are the best! Take care and I will talk to you muy pronto!

Love You!!

BYEEE!